Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Technology troubles

There's been no posts for a little while. For a day or so, we couldn't get reliable connections, then I ran out of credit on our Vodfone prepaid SIM, then horror of horrors, I made the mistake of trying to download some emailed attachments from a web cafe computer to my PDA's SD memory card, with a USB card reader. Worked OK (it seemed) until I tried to put the memory card back in the PDA - gone, all gone.

It's happened before and should have known better.

So, the commentary on our visits to the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers has gone, along with a lot of other stuff. Luckily all the preceding material is on this blog.

Now we're in Wanaka, have credit, but GPRS doesn't work :-} Not my day. I'm hoping that when we get to Manapouri tomorrow for a daytime cruise on Doubtful Sound, we may see better GPRS functioning. I won't comment about the hours I've spent on the phone waiting for Vodafone's helpdesk to even ANSWER my call to enquire about the status of the Wanaka GPRS situation..... They do NOT rate any level of quality from this customer. I haven't even SPOKEN to a real person yet...

Well, that's all for now, I will update the blog once I've re-typed some news, and once I have a working GPRS facility once again.

No comments: